Deciding to Buy in Las Cruces
The right time to buy
Today’s home buyers have more choices than ever before. You can choose financing options that are flexible and affordable; home styles that fit a variety of lifestyles; and professional services that make the process fast, effective and enjoyable. Here are some facts about homeownership that may surprise you:
- Homeownership can be a good investment opportunity. A house offers leverage and the possibility for appreciation in value. And, you can use this investment while it’s working for you!
- You can’t afford to overlook the tax breaks of homeownership. Since mortgage interest and property taxes are deductible, homeownership can save you money each year. Young people aren’t priced out of the market. Figures from the National Association of Realtors put the average age of first-time buyers at 32 years old.
- Renting doesn’t protect you against rising prices. Rental units are just as susceptible as houses to increases in taxes, insurance, utilities and other costs. Landlords will pass along these increases to the tenants.
- The waiting game is a losing game. Don’t put off buying a home waiting for prices to come down.
How to get started
- Choose a professional who specializes in residential real estate. She or he should have specific knowledge of the local real estate and mortgage markets.
- Consider references carefully. An experienced, confident Sales Associate can provide you with names of recent buyers in your market with whom he or she has worked.
- Select a professional who will listen to you. Your Sales Associate should be interested enough in you to find out about you and your housing needs and preferences.
- Select a professional who puts service first. Strong customer service is key in today’s real estate business.
Your Steinborn & Associates Real Estate Sales Associate can show you any house that’s for sale in your market – not just the homes listed by our company. If you see a house for sale that you like, arrange a viewing through us.
Commit yourself to working with one Sales Associate who can learn your likes and dislikes in homes and make your home-buying process much easier. Turn to a Steinborn & Associates Real Estate Sales Associate for your real estate needs.